Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Sparkle


Did you see that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie "Terminator 2" I think it was?  There was this scene where the Terminator had gotten trapped in a huge press and you could see its eyes that had a red light in the center, remember?  When the press came down on him and he got crushed the light dimmed and then went out.
It's sad but most people I see are walking around like that, no light in their eyes.  I often wonder what makes it go out and at what age?

I was sitting in a restaurant with my girlfriend Vel having lunch one day.  This man walks in the door that I nodded a hello to and went on with my conversation with Vel.  I thought where do I know him from?  It started nagging me in the back of my mind .  I could hear his voice but I didn't remember a conversation.  He got his order and was headed out the door I suddenly remembered.  I said "I know you, you're an actor I saw you in. . " I named the play it escapes me at the moment.  

You should have seen the instant transformation.  A light came on, his posture became erect and he even held his head differently.  We watched this man go through a metamorphosis right before our eyes with the mere acknowledgement that he was an actor.  

I don't know what that man was doing that day but it was clear where he got his joy.  If we would just do what gives us joy, we would have that light on all the time.  We would live our truth.  Our purpose.  Our passion.
Copyright© 2001 By Sandra Bishop Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment