Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Like Water

We are spiritual beings, who - being conscious of itself has chosen to experience itself through extension.  I like to tell people of a great truth that came to me during my meditation.  I have had a number of these life altering experiences.  I had the dawning that there was not a singular voice that said "let there be.."  it was a chorus of voices that said "let there be."  My voice was in the midst of those voices, as was yours. 
We have such limited perceptions of ourselves.  We some how think that we are small and powerless when in reality we are one with all that is.
 
I love science today, it proves the very existence of God in my mind.  Let me see, I can describe this to you in a number of ways, but the quickest would have to be to look at the molecular break down of water  H2O, no matter where you find it or in what quantity you find it it's molecular structure is still the same.  Ice, steam, snow, however.  Accordingly, there is a limited number of elements found on this earth, right?  At the atomic level they are known to consist of a proton, neutron and that stuff - follow me now because I am rusty at this stuff, its been a while.  

Atoms are the smallest basic element of the universe according to science.  The universe is made up of these tiny atoms constantly splitting and dying on and on into infinity.  Is this not the same thing that happens on the back of your hand?  Is it not the same thing that happens in your life?  People reproducing - giving birth to what will eventually die.  Is it not the totality of all God.  G-O-D is the subatomic structure back of all of life, the energy that orders and animates life.  Not just sub-atomically but it is the totality too.  

So the analogy I use is that we are to God as a drop is to the ocean.  Oh and here is another thought - if you could capture a wave, a single wave, out of the ocean and brought it on land maybe put it in a tub or pool.  It would be just be water right?  The ocean in combination with the moon and countless other factors is what creates the energy that makes a wave.  Apart from which its just a puddle of water. 

What is funny is that even as I write this, I realize that so many will say that this proves nothing.  Is that not what faith is for?   Faith is visionary, knowing  what is without vision or proof.
       
Anyway those are my thoughts for the day.  Well probably just my reflections for the moment.  I may revisit this again or may not who knows.  Here's my disclaimer.  This is brain drain for me and the thoughts are just that thoughts.  Sorry, I hadn't planned to polish them for you with a good editing job.  I realize that I don't own thoughts but like anyone else I like credit for what comes through me.  I had a friend who said to me that everyone who shares their great gifts receives great gifts by acknowledging them as such and passing them along.  You know how it goes - a gift is not a gift until you give it away and in your giving you open yourself up to receive more and therefore to give more.  There is truly a flow, a rhythm to life.  
Copyright© 2001 By Sandra Bishop Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment